Kirsten and I decided to set ourselves a goal of spinning (at least) 10 minutes a day this month. So last night, I got to it. I actually spun for close to half an hour (it’s so hard to stop!) and then another ten minutes this morning, and BAM!
Just about finished the 4 ounces of Falkland (Hello Yarn, “Spirograph”) I’d been working on. (The fiber I posted about yesterday.)
I’m still learning my wheel, which I just got in June. This is the first time I’ve spun with the slow whorl on it, and I had a few issues with take-up (sometimes the double-drive system confounds me, even though I currently have it set up for single drive – does that make sense? I mean, there are still two adjustments that can be made – the tension wheel and the brake band – as opposed to only the one adjustment I always made with my Ladybug). Anyway. I got all these singles packed on this bobbin and I was certain I could finish up the fiber but it just would not wind on anymore – not for lack of space on the bobbin, but for lack of any take-up at all. I’m probably doing something wrong.
Anyway, I have this teeny bit of fiber to spin up on a fresh bobbin, then I’ll wash/finish this yarn and move on to the next spin. It’s always so much fun to decide what will go on the wheel next!
Of course, with all this spinning, I made no progress on my current design-in-progress. Whoops!