Last week, I showed you my most recent Mitered Cross. As I mentioned, this is a long-term project for me – one I just pick up from time-to-time between other projects. But each time I finish a cross, I’m tempted to just keep working on this blanket until I’m done. It’s going to be SO squishy and cuddly. I’m really, really happy with how it’s turning out.
The background color is my handspun Hello Yarn Tarhee “Parritch”; the contrast color is a combo spin I did (my first ever), a mash-up of Hello Yarn Rambouillet in “Pallid” and FLUFF Rambouillet in “Ripe Eggplant.” The thing is, I’ve realized that I am probably not going to have enough of the contrast yarn to make the whole blanket. I knew from the beginning that it would be iffy, but I decided to risk it, knowing it would not likely be possible to spin this one-of-a-kind yarn again. I’m betting I can spin up something else that will work, when the time comes.
Speaking of spinning up additional yarn, that’s something else I need to do yet again, for a little project I started last spring. At the time, I spun up four ounces of Hello Yarn Panda in “Villain,” knit it all up, and decided I wanted to make the project longer. So I got some more Villain in destash and spun up a little more last week.
I should’ve made a bit more, though, because the project still isn’t quite where I want it to be.
I absolutely adore this yarn and these colors. Spinning more of it up certainly isn’t a hardship!
That’s some of what I’ve been up to. How about you?
Did you really spin that yourself? Wow, I really admire that! Wish I could do that …
The colors are absolutely marvelous and you can already see how great this blanket will look at the end.
Your blanket progress is so beautiful. You are inspiring me to start one!
It’s always interesting to me to see the difference between what the fiber looks like and then what the spun skein looks like and then what it looks like knitted up. I’m currently spinning some super-wash merino that was hand-dyed by Karen Emrey of Royale Hare. The color is called “Luther Burbank Rose Garden”. I haven’t tried chain plying yet, but I think I will try that with this yarn and see how it goes.
I’m still working on a scarf for Lucy in her college colors, using the pattern for the first movie Harry Potter house scarves. I’ve also got a sock going, featuring my first attempt at a picot cuff. I’m not sure it’s going to stand up right, but if not, I’ll keep them for me. 🙂