As some of you know, I finally got myself moved over to this new blog space, and now I find myself locked out on my home computer because I can’t download Firefox 2 (or do about 20 other things I want/need to do). I haven’t had time to load the machine up and take it to the Apple store yet, so for now I have to rely on My Old Man’s MacBook. Which means borrowing it in the early morning hours or late at night, when he doesn’t need it. And I just haven’t had that time available lately. Till today, when I planned to finally show you the birthday party craftiness for my sons’ 4th birthday party. Only I suddenly realized there was one picture I hadn’t yet taken. Argh.
But I’m tired of my blog silence, so I’m going to write anyway. Hi! How are you?
Here I am, with loads of backed up craft content (seriously, from, like MARCH). But today I’m just taking the easy route and doing my first Meme in a very long time. I had a birthday last week! So it’s okay to be a bit self-indulgent, right? In that case, let’s make it two memes, all right?
First this photo meme, “the game,” the one that’s going around on flickr.
a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker).
1. What is your first name? (Stacey)
2. What is your favorite food? (smoothies, for now)
3. What high school did you go to? (Shaw)
4. What is your favorite color? (green)
5. Who is your celebrity crush? (John Krasinski)
6. Favorite drink? (Maker’s Mark bourbon, neat)
7. Dream vacation? (Tuscany again, this time with My Old Man)
8. Favorite dessert? (chocolate lava cake)
9. What you want to be when you grow up? (a writer)
10. What do you love most in life? (family)
11. One Word to describe you. (passionate)
12. Your flickr name (earthchick)
Secondly, I was tagged by Angie (a Rav friend) for this other meme. I’m going to decline to tag people this time, but please help yourself to either meme – and let me know if you do it, ‘kay?
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago, I had just turned 27, was single, living alone in a trailer (!!) in southwest Georgia. In about two months, I would be moving to a 4-bedroom house on 1.5 acres. In other words, way bigger than anything I could afford here in Ann Arbor. I didn’t realize it, but I had already met my future husband.
2. 5 things on my to-do list today?
– clean-up day at the boys’ Co-op preschool
– go to work
– return some DVDs
– miss David Sedaris at Borders b/c of a work meeting
– work on the boys’ birthday quilts (yeah, they’re not done yet)
3. Snacks I enjoy:
– sweet and salty combinations (like buttered popcorn with chocolate candy)
– any kind of nuts
4. Places I’ve lived:
Kansas, North Carolina, Georgia (3 different times, 4 different places), Virginia, South Carolina, Michigan. And summers in Bolivia and Washington state.
5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
– pay off debt
– fully fund my children’s college education
– buy a house that had enough room for two growing boys
So, that’s enough about me for a long time, I reckon. I hope to be back soon with actual craft-related content!