Life is a bit overwhelming right now, very full and sometimes too much. Mostly good, but not enough knitting and not enough resting.
Things I have not been doing:
- knitting Easter eggs (the WOTA arrived days ago and I have yet to knit a single stitch of it)
- knitting Easter bunnies – I did one leg on Friday and was aghast at how enormous it was. Smaller needles wouldn’t help enough to make the pattern work, and I would lose money (and time) if I shipped the yarn back (for worsted instead of bulky). So I decided to do a hybrid of two different patterns to get the size bunnies I want. I knitted a gauge swatch but have done no more.
- knitting Little Buddha’s longies
- knitting slippers for the boys’ Easter baskets
- taking pictures for my blog
- reading all the good books on my to-read list
- writing thank you notes that really need to be written
- getting the boys’ Easter pics taken
- working out
- going to bed at a reasonable hour
- getting up at the ungodly hour I need to in order to get everything done
- ugh, and I just realized I had some paperwork that was due today that I did not get done….
Things I have been doing instead:
- enjoying my boys
- decluttering the basement for at least an hour a day
- helping out with my Moms of Multiples Clothing Sale (and scoring a slide and a playhouse for the backyard for only $10)
- getting the locks fixed (all three locks on our house were broken at once)
- nailing down travel plans for a short trip to Georgia next week
- planning my Easter menu (including my first attempt at the chocolate Easter bunny cake my mom made every Easter when I was growing up)
- knitting To Dye For, which has been the opposite of my usual knitting experiences – I’m enjoying the product much more than the process (the fact that I do not just love working with this yarn is slowing me down considerably; I really should be done with this by now. Instead, I’ve got the front and the back done, but not seamed, and one arm started)
- knitting a row here and there on my Anthropologie-inspired capelet/shrug (which I also really should be done with by now)
- planning the layette I’m going to knit for My Old Man’s first grandchild, due in July
- cooking and baking
- planning a prayer service focused on the crisis in Darfur
- other Holy Week planning
- trying to get in 10,000 steps a day (so far today = 9400)
- attending a most excellent choral concert conducted by my extraordinary friend and colleague (*hi Carole!*) and featuring a masterful performance by genius pianist Joel Hastings, also a friend and colleague
I guess I’ve been doing some pretty good, pretty fun stuff. But I stay bummed out about all the stuff I’m not getting done. There is always so much I want to do, so much I want to have done, and so little time (and energy) to get it all in.
It’s 11:35 now, and I need to turn the diaper laundry onto the next cycle, perhaps knit a row or two, check on the boys, put the house to bed, read a few paragraphs of something, and then go to sleep. And I will let go of all the things left undone….
aww, at least you got all those great things done!:)I’m sure the rest will work out.
can’t wait to see the Anthropologie inspired caplet!
Oh my gosh, you’ve got a lot going on! I’m sure everything will fall into place and you’ll get everything done.